O'Dowd Student News and Muse

The Crozier

O'Dowd Student News and Muse

The Crozier

O'Dowd Student News and Muse

The Crozier

Bishop Foodies: Rockridge Cafe

Located on the bustling street of College Ave in Oakland, is a local breakfast and lunch spot called Rockridge Cafe. It caters to anyone and is a local favorite brunch spot. Surrounded by other restaurants and shops it is the perfect place to sit and people watch. Some people even dine alone sitting outside with their dog enjoying the nice weather. It is a family run establishment that has been open since 1973 and holds a variety of breakfast and lunch dishes and is open from 9am-2pm. The menu includes a variety of pancakes, waffles, french toast, egg dishes, soups, sandwiches, and much more. It is a perfect mix for your sweet cravings and savory.

The atmosphere has a local, diner feel with colorful

chairs, tables, and the artwork of local artists on the walls. There is an open kitchen with music and many tables to accommodate everyone. The staff are friendly and outgoing with great recommendations and there is even an O’Dowd senior who works there. 

Hailey went for lunch and ordered an oat milk latte, which was topped with foam and different spices,  a BLT, and curly fries. The latte had the perfect amount of coffee taste while not being too strong and came in a tall glass. The curly fries were crispy with ranch and ketchup to dip them in and the BLT had perfectly toasted sourdough bread with bacon, fresh lettuce and tomato. Another dish of vegetarian chili was ordered and it was topped with cheese and sour cream as well as a decaf almond milk latte. This latte was sweeter than the regular latte but still very good for all those who want to cut down on caffeine. The chili was a smaller serving side but tasted fantastic. 

The prices ranged from 12 dollars to 20 dollars per meal, which fits the serving sizes pretty well. The total came out to 57$ for two people.    

Overall, the food at Rockridge Cafe is perfect for a casual lunch or breakfast and is a great spot to go with family or a friend. The food comes out quickly and the restaurant is always bustling with people going in and out. It is definitely worth going if you are looking for a cute, local brunch spot.