O'Dowd Student News and Muse

The Crozier

O'Dowd Student News and Muse

The Crozier

O'Dowd Student News and Muse

The Crozier

Spirit Week Day 4: Decades Day

Bishop O’Dowd is taking a journey through time, 60s, 70s, 80s, and the 90s. The freshman journey back the farthest to their Go-Go boots and bold colors in the 60s, while the sophomores have their crochet tops and tie dye for the 70s. Skipping a generation, the juniors are rocking their low-waisted jeans and jerseys in the 90s. Lastly, the seniors all showed up with their jazzercise attire and bright tracksuits for the 80s. 

The freshman journey back to the 60s proved their dedication to spirit week. Their tunics, bright swirls, and skirts brought to life what the 60s really was. They had several different ways to take this decade, and they all showed up in their own way.

The sophomores took the disco and hippy ways into their life. They wore tie-dye shirts and peace signs to demonstrate their carefree era of the world. The sophomores tried their hardest to journey back to an era of social change and an evolution of music. 

The juniors all showed up in their low-waisted jeans, backward baseball caps, and tank tops. The 90s was a time of grunge and pop culture where Bishop O’Dowd students were able to look up to many expressive movies, songs, and much more. 

The seniors have their time to shine in 80s jazzercise outfits, going all out in neon leotards and legwarmers. A huge thing O’Dowd students wore were sweatbands and sweatpants throughout campus. 

Overall, Decades Day was a success with every grade coming to compete for their decade. Most students showed up in some array of their decade and all came to compete in limbo during lunch. The decades showed the connection of the Bishop O’Dowd classes.