O'Dowd Student News and Muse

The Crozier

O'Dowd Student News and Muse

The Crozier

O'Dowd Student News and Muse

The Crozier

Winter Wardrobe Essentials

As we bid farewell to the scorching summer sun and welcome the cozy embrace of winter’s cloudy skies, it’s time to swap out our tanks and shorts for the coolest fall and winter threads. Let’s dive into the must-have picks for this season, the go-to gear that’s all the rage right now.

Nothing screams winter more than pulling those warm Uggs out of the closet. With a wide selection of boots, mini boots, slippers, and more, there is an Ugg for everyone and these past couple of years they have been more popular than ever. O’Dowd Student Isabella Nasif ‘25 says, “I love my Uggs, they’re green boots with ties and they’re really comfortable,” when asked about her thoughts on the shoe. The perfect combination of comfy and cute, Uggs can be paired with a variety of outfits making them an ideal addition to your winter wardrobe.

As the weather gets colder, layering is essential, and there’s no better way to complete a layered look without a classic black puffer jacket. This timeless piece is a winter wardrobe must-have, elevating basic winter looks, and providing lots of warmth. “I like that they feel like a marshmallow, and they can be really cozy and comfortable! I love wearing mine with flair leggings or jeans, a hoodie, and Uggs!” says Maya Udkow ‘25, when asked about her favorite things about puffer jackets. A good black puffer can never go out of style, making it a staple during the colder seasons. 

If it’s not cold enough for a puffer, try opting for a cute and classy cable knit sweater. These are crucial to fall wardrobes, pairing particularly well with jeans, khakis, and skirts. Sweaters can be dressed up with chic accessories to make the perfect holiday party outfit, or dressed down, and worn casually to grab coffee, or run some errands. The versatility of cable knit sweaters are why they are so popular once it gets colder. When asked about her favorite sweater weather outfits, Phoebe Aldrich ’25 describes, “I like to wear a comfy pair of jeans with a grandpa sweater and a vest to maximize warmth and style!” 

Speaking of vests, layering remains key during these seasons, and vests have emerged as an indispensable fashion addition due to their effortless blend of style and functionality. Puffer vests, especially, have risen in popularity these past few years because they are lightweight, and an easy way to upgrade an outfit. “I like vests because they keep me snug as a bug, and if your outfit is boring you can throw a vest on to keep it interesting,” says Scarlett Pearson ‘26, while speaking on her love for vests. 

‘Tis the season for winter fashion, whether you’re stepping into a pair of Uggs, or throwing on a puffer vest, this season’s trends offer an array of options for every individual’s taste. With each scarf, coat, and accessory, we craft our unique narratives, blending personal style with the trends that define fall and winter fashion, making these seasons not just about warmth, but about expressing our individuality through what we wear.

View Comments (1)