It’s Time To Swim!

Michael Fusinati, Contributor

Last year, the Bishop O’Dowd Dragons won first place team for the Men & Ladies category at the Western Alameda County Conference (WACC) and many of our swimmers moved on to the North Coast Section (NCS) championships. Will we do it again? I think so! We have all but one of our big points-scoring teammates back this season. While Zoe will be missed, we do have some fantastic women coming back to compete this year. For the Men, the 4×50/200 Free Relay and the 4×100/400 Free Relay group who placed 2nd in the 4×50/200 Free Relay and first in the 4×100/400 Free Relay in WACC will have all 5 students returning this year (relay consisted of Israel Gonzales, Lucien Regnier, Nathan Rogers, and Michael Fusinati, with Nathan Pompeani as alternate). Both men’s relays made it to the finals for NCS and, if they perform well this year, they will set the school record for both events and go to the State Championships for swimming. The last time a Men’s Bishop O’Dowd swim relay team made it to state was 24 years ago in 1999.

Please consider joining the swim team or just come out and support our amazing swimmers! We have already had a team meeting for interested swimmers and have another one scheduled for the first week of practice. Please reach out to our new Head Coach, Piankhi Gibson, for more information. Go Dragons!